This drink is the perfect way to ease yourself into the new season, its fresh and delicious with a hint of autumnal flavours. It is also alcohol free (if you want to make it boozy you could always add a splash of fruit liqueur, vodka or gin.) But I think the lovely fruity flavours with the warm spices of cinnamon and ginger work really well as a mocktail.
I have just returned from a sunny trip to Barcelona for my husbands birthday, so much fun, lots of delicious food and sight seeing! I totally forgot that it was nearly October. Now back home and it has been very grey and rainy, and I also have a cold. Boo.
So I decided to make a lovely fresh blackberry ginger mocktail to cheer myself up, full of ginger beer to clear my cold. I love the fresh lightness of this drink, its not at all heavy or rich yet still carries all the flavours of autumn.
Also I just want to say that I love these little double layer glasses, I have been looking for some like these for ages after seeing them in a coffee shop. They are so cute and they won’t burn/freeze your hands, always a bonus!
- 35ml Apple Juice
- Handful of Blackberries
- Sprig of Fresh Mint
- Ginger Beer
- Quarter of a lime
- Ice Cubes
- Stick of Cinnamon (to garnish)
- Strain three to four blackberries through a sieve into a small glass.
- Pour the apple juice on top of the blackberry juice and stir.
- Add a few leaves of mint, some ice and a good squeeze of lime.
- Top with ginger beer and a handful of blackberries.
- Garnish with a stick of cinnamon and a sprig of mint and serve.
Looking for more fruity mocktail recipes?