This Pineapple, Passionfruit and Citrus Mocktail, (otherwise known as a non-alcoholic fancy drink) is so super refreshing, I have a new found enjoyment in finding delicious drinks with no booze. For most of last year due to medical treatment I couldn’t drink any alcohol. As I don’t drink tea or coffee (I know….) it meant that in most bars, cafes and pubs I was left with the choice of overpriced fruit juice or a soft drink. Now don’t get me wrong, I love the odd fizzy drink. But sometimes I wished I could enjoy something as lovely as my alcohol drinking companions.
So, back at home I bought lots of juices, fruits and syrups and set to work. I thought a refreshing tropical fruit cocktail with a bit of lime to sharpen it up would be just perfect. With this recipe don’t be tempted to skip sieving the pineapple, your drink will be thick and lumpy and no one wants that! You can of course also use pineapple juice, I couldn’t find any fresh and the concentrated variety I found acidic (hello mouth ulcers!).
Fresh whole pineapples were on offer at my local supermarket so I chopped one up and used fresh, I think it lends a lovey refreshing sweet tropical flavour to the drink. If your pineapple is really super sweet you may need a squeeze of lemon juice, but do go steady with the citrus if you have a tart pineapple.
This drink is so summery and delicious, and will ensure any non-drinkers don’t feel left out!
If you liked this, and need more non-alcoholic drink ideas why not try my refreshing Elderflower and Mint Slushie?
- 100g Fresh Pineapple, cubed
- Handful of Mint Leaves
- Splash of Lemonade
- 35ml Passionfruit Juice
- Squeeze of Lime
- Squeeze of Lemon
- Place the pineapple into a blender and blend until smooth. Add the mint and a splash of lemonade and blend briefly.
- Sieve into a cocktail shaker (Or clean jam jar with a tight fitting lid) Add a small handful of crushed ice, the passion fruit juice and a squeeze of lime and shake well.
- Strain and pour into two martini glasses, top with lemonade.
- Taste and add a squeeze of lemon juice if needed.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and a slice of lime and serve.